Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

The fun part

Here's what I love about the actual process of writing. I am not a very detailed outliner. I need to know where I'm going but I leave the details for when I get there. But I love it when an outline item as vaguely detailed as "Emma ditches the cash nearby and walks home." turns out to be some of my favorite 2600 words in the new book. It's just fun to see where it goes once you start from the place I already have in mind and just put word in front of the other.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm strictly a seat of the pantser and it gets me into trouble often. I assume my unconscious is at work and sometime it's not.

Sheila Deeth said...

I've been trying to outline. But just running with it seems to work better, except when I run into a ditch.