Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 off to a great start

So nice to be on a 'best of' list for a book that is technically not out yet (but kind of is on the technical side. I'll never understand this business) The talented and generous Hilary Davidson, she of The Damage Done, one of the most talked-about book this year and a damn fine read (would I give one to my sister for Christmas if it wasn't?) included Borrowed Trouble in her year-end wrap up. She was kind enough to blurb an advance copy and even got to see the lost chapter 30 (which we subsequently tossed out and replaced in whole with a new scene)
See her comments on Day Labor, the blog site of Crimefactory.

I'm officially on the calendar for the first appearance in conjunction with Borrowed Trouble at The Well Red Coyote in Sedona, AZ. on Feb 26th at 2 pm. Come on by! I'll be in discussion with Deborah J. Ledford about our books and about the editor/writer relationship.
The Well Red Coyote is a great indie bookseller co-owned by author Kris Neri. And a chance to make it back to Sedona? Hell yeah. Haven;t been there since my film screened at the film festival. We loved it then. Hoping like hell I can make it a full weekend with an appearance at The Poisoned Pen too but I guess I should let them know I was planning that. I hoed to have ARCs to send out by now but I may have to plead and beg without them. If all goes well I'll have actual books any day now. I've said that before.

I'm at work on a new novel and the first week has been very productive with over 10K words so far. We'll see what happens next week when I'm back at work. So far I'm digging this one.

Looking forward (sort of) to starting up the Borrowed Trouble promotion machine in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

It;s going to be a good year, mate! Borrowed Trouble is a cracking book!

Sheila Deeth said...

Wow! What a great start to the year!

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

Hey Eric- Just read your DSD story and it was awesome. I look forward to following your blog and getting your novel. Best of luck in 2011, and it seems your already off to a great start.